Thursday, July 9, 2009

Preparations

Well, in a little less then two weeks I will be headed overseas to start my 27 month stint with the Peace Corps. Finally I am fully set to depart. I have the majority of my packing list and only have to invest in a couple of books, mainly TEFL teaching aid books, and then off to Asia!
So far my Khmer (pronounced Kha-mai) studying has stalled with three quarteers of the consonant side of the alphabet, but once in Cambodia I am confident that the high level of immersion will kickstart my brain into accepting a new way of communicating. I am sure hunger and thirst will add some incentive in mastering basic Khmer.
Mostly this past week I have wrapped up loose ends with the bank, credit card company, and have spent time seeing friends. Saturday I'll fly back to the Puerto Rico to spend a couple of days with my parents since by the time I return, September 25, 2011, they will be living off the rock and hopefully back in the US.
Thanks for following in my adbenture! Once I get over to Cambodia I will post as soon as I have internet access, hopefully with pictures. Wish me luck, and if you are feeling cheritable you can augment my pathetic salary by sending cash to... just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice that you are in PR with us. It would be nicer if you stayed off the phone for a few hours. Though I do appreciate your computer help. I will miss that when you are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be keeping track of your adventures.
    Buen Viaje!
    Angie & Mark

    ReplyDelete