Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trying to get back into the swing of things

Well guys,

I contracted Giardia again, was diagnosed as being malnurished, and right when I started to kick all that, I contracted Dengue. I've been in PP for going on a week now and my blood platelete levels are still falling. I'm really hoping that I can go home this afternoon or tomoroow. I'm really tired of being poked with needles and don't have any clean clothes to wear any more.

Sorry for the brevety, but this past month I've mostly just spent in bed or trying to teach, which I've done little of because of ilness.

-Ben

2 comments:

  1. damn! sorry 'bout the diseases. i think i have giardia too but the buggers are meek and mild- just sulfur-smelling poo and a stomach that seems the size of a hot dog.

    and i just told julie today i don't want to be malnourished! yikes!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben,

    Sorry you haven't been feeling well - hope by now you're on the mend and back "home". Dan & Tyler are doing great with PIE & Pledge Ed. Of course it's a whole lot easier grading papers for them with only 6 or 7 in each group vs the 35 or so I had to deal with. No complaints from me though!!

    Last week they asked Seaton to tell the pledges about how the 4 of you got together & started the group back in summer of 2008. I think some of them recognized your names, and of course they know John. They are now required to know your names!

    Everyone is really getting excited about chartering - hard to believe it's only about 10 days away. We really miss having you here, but your time will come - and hopefully time will pass faster than you think!

    So far there are about 20 local grads coming, but we had hoped for more. I'm meeting with Tim & a few others at noon tomorrow to call some of the other grads near by to try to get a few more.

    Again, hope you're OK by now!! Take better care of yourself in the future, if that's possible. Looking forward to your return.

    Fraternally,

    Bill

    Perge!

    ReplyDelete